My Partner On The Run.

It’s Monday again!

Before anything else, I just want to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to my friend Jae for completing Ironman Texas last Saturday! He ROCKED IT!

Here’s a video of him at the finish line.

He’s the friend from my previous post whom my hubby and I cheered for last April in Texas during his Ironman 70.3. This time was the full one – Ironman 140.6. My husband and I were cheering for him from all the way here in Ohio. As we were tracking him online we were feeling the pain and the agony. That’s 2.4 mile SWIM, 112 mile BIKE, 26.2 mile RUN + TEXAS scourching heat! That’s insane but he killed it!

Congratulations Ironman Jae!

————————————————————————————————————————–

So last Friday, I gave myself a permission to schedule a little β€˜me’ time. πŸ™‚ I am firm believer in the importance of being good to yourself and I shamelessly indulge in “me time” every once in a while. πŸ™‚

Photo May 17, 2 45 44 PM (2)

I had highlights done on the tips of my hair. My hair is normally very dark brown and the highlights turned out to be caramel-y. I’m happy with the outcome! Thanks to my hairdresser, Jamie! πŸ™‚

Photo May 17, 5 37 12 PM (3)I like it when hubby is driving, I can take more shameless selfies! LOL! πŸ™‚

Question: When was the last time you set aside a little β€˜me’ time? How did it feel?

My husband has played a key role in getting me into running. He was actually the one who encouraged me to sign up for my first half marathon. I was doubting myself that time but he was more confident for me than I was. From there, I got hooked! So, thank you for that! πŸ™‚ Im not sure I would ever have the guts to sign up without his wisdom and encouragement. He supported me so much through my running journey. I remember when he had to wait for me to finish in the cold and sleet during my last year’s race at the Monumental Half Marathon. I love him and I am truly blessed to have him. He’s my number 1 fan! πŸ™‚

Our very first half! πŸ™‚

So, this year, I am repaying the favor back. He signed up for his first marathon in September. Though I am not training for any races (as of now), I join him with his training. This is my small way of saying thanks! πŸ™‚

Now with his first marathon on the horizon, he’s been diligently following a training plan. I join him in his long runs, easy runs, not-so easy runs, interval trainings… etc. It’s nice that I do this with him. We keep each other going when one is tired. Running together is a fun way for us to bond.

Screen shot 2013-05-13 at 9.16.31 AM 4-mile interval training

Photo May 09, 10 54 49 PM

Last Saturday was another long run for him.

I saw these old tracks along the way. I love railroad tracks!
309980_380632958712946_166962250_n

Doing my much needed foam rolling
Photo May 15, 9 47 56 AM

I had no idea how running weaved into our marriage. I realized that this has become a bonding time like an Iron man movie date night out for us. I am convinced that one of the reasons we’ve remained strong in our marriage is that we share the same passion and loves. My partner in life is also my partner on the run.

Question: Do you run with your significant other? Or are you a solo runner?

Yesterday, my husband and I attended the Cincinnati’s 4th annual Yoga Takeover, sponsored by different local yoga companies. It was free (which is awesome) and took place at the Washington Park in Downtown Cincinnati.

977382_10201379930724367_1848841520_o

This was my first time doing a yoga class outdoor. It was pretty tough balancing on the grass, but the wobbling didn’t bother me. It’s getting close to summer season, so it was warm hot but everyone just seemed so happy to be outside.

There were 3 yoga instructors that led the class and they also had assistants who were walking through the crowd helping with adjustment and spraying us with water – such a sweet treat! So despite the fact that there were probably 200+ people out there yesterday, you still got a little bit of individual attention.

It was a great experience since I’ve never really got a chance to roam around to this part of downtown Cincinnati. The views were actually pretty cool. And doing a sun salutation when you’re actually reaching toward the sun is a pretty cool feeling! πŸ™‚ And, oh, the “thing” I feared the mostΒ (see my last post), nope, nothing like that happened. LOL! It was a good day!

Question: How did your weekend go? Have you gone to an outdoor yoga?

Anyone raced this weekend?

Xoxo, JOTR

Like my blog’s facebook page here: Ja-ontheRUN Blog
Check out my silly photo adventures on Instagram here: @ja_ontherun

Love Sweaty Bands, they don’t slip! Click here to get 5% off.
Ellie offers women a chic new line in women’s fitness apparel.Save 20% Now
Bulu Box $10.00 Discount code: BULUGAN984

Advertisements

34 thoughts on “My Partner On The Run.

1. RunFastMama

Gorgeous hair!!! I have ran with my husband in the past, but he has not been training lately at all due to his crazy businesses. Miss it but we do run 5Ks and 10Ks as a family and I really enjoy it.

2. Cecilia @MommiesRUn

Your hair looks amazing! Congrats on your friend for being an IronMan! What an amazing accomplishment. My husband has gotten into running but only on our treadmill. I’ve yet to get him to sign up for a race! Maybe he’s scared I’ll beat him πŸ˜‰

1. Ja @Ja on the RUN Post author

Hi Cecilia,
      Thank you! That’s good that your husband is running on treadmill. It’s still better than nothing. πŸ™‚ I think if he signs up for a race, he’ll get hooked! Go for it! πŸ™‚

3. OneMotherofaDay

That is great that you and your husband are such positive influences for each other. Tell him good luck on his first marathon in sept! My hubby and I sound very similiar to the 2 of you. We used to do all our training together and races together, until our son came along, now we run separately. We still do support each other in any races we want to do and in training. We are both doing a full marathon in October, my 1st and his 2nd. Those people that do those Ironmans are crazy!!

1. Ja @Ja on the RUN Post author

Hi Lindsey,
      Thanks for wishing him good luck! I will definitely let him know you said that. πŸ™‚
      Glad to know we have something in common. It will definitely change for sure as soon as we have a child. We’ve already talked about how we should do it when the time comes. πŸ™‚
      Good luck on your training for your upcoming marathon. Stay safe!
      Happy Running!

4. RunToTheFinish

i LLLLLOVE outdoor yoga πŸ™‚

David just recently ran his first half marathon and I really did enjoy training with him, it was very different but so excited to see him achieve something new!

5. Brittany

I LOVE runner couples..they are my favorite!! SO amazing that you are training with him! Are you going to be doing the 20 miler runs too..you should just RUN the marathon too if so! I love that picture you edited..the road is my play ground SUCH a great picture, I am so going to snag that idea if I see a sign haha.

1. Ja @Ja on the RUN Post author

Hi Brittany,
      Yes I will be doing long runs with him too, so I’ll have to see about signing up for a marathon. πŸ™‚ It’s always an option for me. At least if I think about signing up for one, I’m ready since I’m training with him. πŸ™‚

I took that picture! My husband didn’t know I was planning to edit it. He was delighted when he saw it. πŸ™‚

Thank you! πŸ™‚

6. Tink

Your hair looks gorgeous, so jealous that its so thick! I’m getting mine done this Friday and can’t wait, I hate roots! What a great way to bond with your husband. Part of me wishes mine ran with me, but its probably a good thing we don’t. I’m so competitive, it would probably be a disaster! I’m pretty happy running with my best friend or having my mom bike alongside me whenever I come home.

1. Ja @Ja on the RUN Post author

Hi Tink,
      My hair is thick that sometimes it gets in the way when I’m running. I had to tie it really tight, use a good non-slip headband or a cap to secure all of my hair. Ugh! It can be annoying sometimes. Have fun on your “me time” on Friday! πŸ™‚
      Thanks for dropping by.

7. thepaceofitall

Hi, new reader!! Me time is definitely necessary, I like how your hair turned out! And that’s great that your husband and you train together, that must be kinda fun!

8. BrittsRunningStyle

I had a great weekend – the hubs and my first anniversary! We don’t run together, but I run with my best friends a couple times a week πŸ™‚ Love this post! I would love to try outdoor yoga too!

9. katsnf

I posted on Sunday about my 5k that I actually placed in my AG group in YAY! It’s so great to support one another through our training – I met hubs in the gym so we push each other constantly. Congrats to your friend too, a FULL IM or a half even is a Huge feat!

10. Amanda

First, your hair looks so gorgeous! I love the highlights. Second, I don’t run with my dude because a) he dislikes it and only does it to stay in shape for the team sports he plays, and b) running is my time, and I morph into an evil gnome if I don’t have it by myself. I’m a little too independent to run with others! I wouldn’t mind doing it occasionally, but I need that alone time.

11. Renee @ Renee Runs Miles

When we were dating my husband would run with me all the time and now he likes to run races with me, but not train. It’s usually a 5k so he just doesn’t train. And now with kids we can’t really run together.

12. Beth @ Running with the Sunrise

Congrats to your friend for finishing his first Ironman. It sounds like you and your hubby really have a great relationship. My fiance isn’t a big fan of running and will only run short distances with me every once in a while, but he has done really sweet things like biked 16 miles of a long run with me when I had to run in the dark because I had an early morning flight. I’m a huge fan of yoga but haven’t ever practiced outside, which is something I’d love to change. πŸ™‚

Share Your Thoughts ...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s