Today’s Meatless Monday dish is a simple recipe. I used vegetables that my husband and I would like to eat. You can use this as your template for whatever veggies you have in the fridge.
Grilled Veggie Pasta
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded and quartered
- half onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 lb of asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package corkscrew pasta – I used vegetable pasta made from tomato solids and dried spinach
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 black pepper
1.) Lightly brush vegetables with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2.) Place the vegetables on a stove grill. Cook on low-medium heat until vegetables are tender.
3.) While vegetables are cooking, cook pasta according to package directions.
4.) Once vegetables are cooked, remove them from the grill and allow to cool slightly. Cut the vegetables into 1/2 inch pieces.
5.) Toss vegetables with pasta in a large bowl, add the remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper; toss together.
Dinner is served. 🙂 YUM!
This is a perfect meal every time.
And I’m are so addicted to coconut water/juice. So refreshing