This is my first time getting this… thank you Alyssa of TrainLean.ThinkClean for nominating me! 🙂 I learn a lot from your blog and I really love reading your posts!
I talked a little about myself in my About me page and here’s more…
11 Random Things About Me.
1.) I don’t have sense of direction. North? South? East? West? Whatever. They’re all Greek to me. I can read maps just fine. If I have to navigate for someone else, I have to orient myself first then do a good job for them. BUT, if I have to rely on intuition, landmarks, general knowledge of directions, I’d be screwed. Even with a GPS, I get lost. Lol!
2.) I studied in an all-girls Catholic school from Kindergarten to College (pre-med). It was a challenge (at first) to be enrolled in a co-ed school for Medicine but personally, it was more fun. I’m glad I enrolled to that school because it is where I met my husband.
3.) I am not a horror movie fan. I can’t stand them. I’m talking about the really sadistic, hardcore horror movies. Examples are Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre…etc. I can’t understand the appeal in watching the immense suffering and torture of people in the movie. I’m not a fan of blood and gore which is what most horror films are all about now. Oh, please don’t invite me to watch them with you.
4.) I love coffee. I just have to say it out loud! I know it’s such a cliche’ but I really do love Starbucks! My usual order is – Iced Grande Caramel Macchiato with non-fat milk and sugar-free vanilla. I really don’t know what magical power is in it but, I embrace my coffee addiction! If coffee is considered a vice…bring it on! I can’t live without it.
5.) I don’t drink soda. I grew up without having soda in our house. My family doesn’t like it. My parents don’t buy them (due to health reasons) so, we don’t drink it. Sometimes, I would have them when I don’t have a choice, like when I’m in a party and those are the only drinks available (ugh!). I hate the way they make me feel bloated and burpy. The carbonation is painful on my throat and I don’t get how people can chug that stuff. Brain freeze arhhh I hate that feeling. For me, nothing quenches my thirst like water (I like juice and tea too).
6.) I like spicy foods. I am tingled by the spices which gives me a good challenge in eating. I love Thai, Indian and Vietnamese food. I order the spiciest green curry on the menu or ask for their highest spice level. Learn to love spicy food. Your metabolism will thank you. There are studies now that consuming capsaicin (thermogenic agent) which is found in peppers, increases metabolic activity, thus, in turn, helps burn calories.
7.) I can’t sleep alone without a night light. I’m a wuss when it comes to sleeping alone at night. When my husband is on call and he has to stay in the hospital for the night, I will usually have the night light on for me to have a good night sleep. 🙂
8.) I never learned how to cook until I moved here in the U.S. Growing up, we had someone to prepare our food for our family so, I never really had the chance to explore the kitchen. I love cooking now and serving healthy food for my husband. How I wish I had learned it earlier. I really enjoy cooking.
9.) I love winter and snow. My husband and I love snowboarding. A lot of people hate winter, hate the cold, fear the cold, curse shoveling the snow. But if you just focus on the beauty and stillness that surrounds you during winter, and the wonderful wintertime activities like sledding, snowshoeing, skiing, you will appreciate the season so much.
10.) I love the Project Runway show. I am a huge fan of the show. I love the ideas, the art, and the challenges. My favorite designer is Christian Siriano (season 4 winner) and I got to meet him last 2009 when I visited NYC. How cool is that?! He is so nice and I love him!
11.) I love scrabble. I admit, I’m competitive at this game. I am proud of my excellent wordsmithing skills. :p And no, I don’t consider myself a nerd. You just have to learn some strategies in order to point the luck in your favor. 🙂
11 Questions Alyssa asked me
1. Starbucks or Dunkin Doughnuts? – Starbucks because they have more variety of coffee.
2. What is your occupation? – I am currently studying for my U.S. Medical Board Exam (USMLE). During my breaks, I workout and blog! 🙂
3. What is your favorite season? – I love Winter (refer to #9 above for my Random Things About Me). I love Fall season too (not just because of my birthday) because of the fall foliage and the beautiful colors.
4. What is your favorite meal to entertain? – I usually make lasagna and flan (Leche flan) for dessert. I can never go wrong with my Leche flan. This is what I usually bring to parties. It’s easy to make and an absolute hit every time i serve it.
5. What is your favorite food? – I love Pad Thai!
6. What is your favorite physical activity? – I love running, snowboarding, biking, and playing volleyball. I love them all equally. 🙂
7. What is your favorite movie of all time? – I have tons of favorite movies – Beautiful Mind, Karate Kid, The 3 Ninjas, …etc.
8. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie? – If time allows me to, I’ll read the book first then watch the movie.
9. Where is your “happy place”? – Outlet Malls. 🙂
10. Where do you see yourself in the next five years? – Vacationing in the Carribeans with my husband and kids. 🙂 #daydreaming
11. Describe yourself with five words. -1.) asian 🙂 2.) immigrant 🙂 3.) outdoorsy, 4.)adventurous, 5.) adaptable, 6.) rule-breaker 🙂
Now, your turn guys!
Nominees I would love to know more about:
- Joanna of BURPEESBOXJUMPSANDBEER
- Kirstie of GETTING BACK ON TRACK
- Jus of JustinaWei
- Cindy of beyond the tortilla
- Candice of The Retired Athlete
- Lindsay of NEVER SAY NEVER
- Betsy of The Everyday Warrior
- Joy of joybrewed
- Stacy of Will Run For Glitter
- Natalie of freshlifefindings
- Kat of ~*~PilatesPoleKat~*~
My questions for you:
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What are your hobbies except for blogging?
- What’s your favorite blog that you read daily?
- What snack do you eat at the movies?
- If you could travel back in time, what era would you choose and why?
- Iphone or Android?
- If you could pick a dream profession, what would it be?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever given/received?
- What’s the best time to workout for you?
- A must have item on you at all times? (pick one!)
- Which country, other than your current residence, do you love most?
*** Tag 11 blogs and link them to your post. Tell us 11 random things about yourself. Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asks. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
Just want to say to the bloggers I nominated that I love reading your blog, your adventures, recipes and I look forward to all your posts!
THANKS and have a good day!!! 🙂